Sök efter innehåll på anslagstavlor

Nelson County Cemetery Book

Nelson County Cemetery Book

Inlagd: 12 apr 2012 02.18 GMT
Klassificering: Fråga
I am now the owner of the Nelson County Cemetery book which is published by the Nelson County Historical Society. I am willing to do look ups for those who are looking for family in Nelson County.

I would also like to add that I have found quite a few family members on findagrave as well. There are some volunteers who have spent a lot of time indexing Nelson County cemeteries.

My e-mail - maysfamilyresearch@hotmail.com

Re: Nelson County Cemetery Book

Inlagd: 13 apr 2012 03.58 GMT
How can we get a copy?

Inlagd: 14 apr 2012 14.36 GMT
It is published by the Nelson County Historical Society. You can order it through them. They just updated it in 2011. http://www.nelsonhistorical.com

Inlagd: 14 apr 2012 16.08 GMT
The book is available for sale for $21.00 at the Oakland - Nelson County Museum of History during the weekend visiting hours. Oakland is located on Rt 29 just south of Lovingston and is now open on Saturdays (10-4) and Sundays (1-4).

To purchase by mail, send a check, payable to Nelson County Historical Society for $25.00 (includes postage and handling) to:

Nelson County Historical Society
P.O. Box 474
Lovingston, VA 22949

Inlagd: 22 maj 2012 18.00 GMT
Does this book include cemeteries located on the grounds of African-American churches in the County?

Inlagd: 23 maj 2012 13.46 GMT
Yes, they tried to address all of the known cemeteries in Nelson county both co-located with churches and family cemeteries. They did as comprehensive a search to identify cemeteries as they could in preparing the book. Is there a specific cemetery you're interested in? If so, I can check to see if it's included, or if there is a specific family name you're interested in.

Debbie

Inlagd: 4 jun 2012 03.54 GMT
Hi Debbie,

I have a few names, Silas, Charles, Ruben, and Sye Barber/Barbour, Silas fall off the census after June 1910 and Maud Horsley she was born abt. 1886 and she fell off the census after 1900, I not sure if she got married or died..her mother name is Nancy (Mary) Horsley Barber.

Thank you in advance for all your help

Toni H

Inlagd: 4 jun 2012 11.04 GMT
Toni,

I can't find the people mentioned in the book. It is possible that they are in the the Cottrell-Terrell family Cemetery in Shipman, Nelson, Co. That cemetery is not fully indexed because I have found names and headstone pictures to go with them on findagrave that aren't in the book.

I did find - Reuben Barber - 1881-1953

Is he part of your family tree?

Inlagd: 5 jun 2012 01.55 GMT
They could be..because they are from Shipman, Nelson Co. All I know is that they lived by the bottom of the Blue Ridge Mountain River in Shipman, Nelson Co. Does it show that Ruben had any children, and is this Ruben African-American? Can you also check for Horsley in Shipman Nelson County..(Maud, Nettie, Clara, and Addie Horsley) Their mother name is Nancy Ann Spencer-Horsley. They were all born in the 1800's including Charles and Sye Barber/Barbour

Thank you soooooooo very much for all our help!!!!

Toni

Inlagd: 5 jun 2012 01.55 GMT
They could be..because they are from Shipman, Nelson Co. All I know is that they lived by the bottom of the Blue Ridge Mountain River in Shipman, Nelson Co. Does it show that Ruben had any children, and is this Ruben African-American? Can you also check for Horsley in Shipman Nelson County..(Maud, Nettie, Clara, and Addie Horsley) Their mother name is Nancy Ann Spencer-Horsley. They were all born in the 1800's including Charles and Sye Barber/Barbour

Thank you soooooooo very much for all our help!!!!

Toni
per sida

Hitta en anslagstavla för ett visst ämne

© 2007-2014 Ancestry.comSekretessfilosofiCookiesAllmänna VillkorSköts av Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.