Sök efter innehåll på anslagstavlor

James Lowery and Lucretia Perry

James Lowery and Lucretia Perry

Inlagd: 12 apr 2007 16.18 GMT
Klassificering: Fråga
I am looking for information regarding James Lowery and Lucretia Perry. They were married abt. 1760 probably in North Carolina. There have been several family trees which show them having children from 1762-1799 which would have made Lucretia (b c 1741) 58 years old when her last child was born! James died in Madison Co. KY on 6 Dec 1802 and I assume Lucretia died there as well. Does anyone have any information to help as something is wrong here.

Re: James Lowery and Lucretia Perry

Inlagd: 13 apr 2007 15.46 GMT
Efternamn: Lowry, Lowery, Perry, Pulliam
There were two different Lowry/Lowery families in Madison County, KY in the early 1800s. One family was from NC and the other from VA. The family from NC eventually migrated on to Missouri. The family from VA pretty much stayed in and around Madison Co., KY. The VA Lowery family are my ancestors.

I have a copy of the will of James Lowry who died 1802 in Madison Co., KY. It lists the following children:
Nathan, James, William, Rebecca, Hixy, Lucy and Gilley.

We believe the other Lowery family to be that of William Lowery and Lucy Pulliam who married December 10, 1787 in Louisa, VA. Their children were probably as follows:
James, Elijah, William, John, Shelton, Sarah, Patsy and Nancy.

It's not much, but I hope it helps.

Angie

Inlagd: 14 apr 2007 18.39 GMT
Efternamn: LOWRY--ADAMS,KING,KERR,STONE + many more in KY
Please try to assist me with your LOWRY family(Madison Co,Clark Co KY)expertise. My ancestor Enoch LOWRY dob bet.1763-1774)probaly in VA,perhaps in MD.Enoch m.bef 1793 to Lineford(surname unk).Enoch dod 1820-bef Sept 1827.He was in KY (on the tax list) by 1800.The children of Enoch and Lineford LOWRY were:Nicholas,Ann,James(dob abt 1793)Ludwell(dob abt 1797)Margaret"Peggy"(dob 1800-1810)m.Berryman ADAMS,Hiram (dob 1800-1810)m.Margaret ,Mary A(dob 13 Oct 1808 m.John HANDLEY,and Enoch Jr. (dob abt 1810).---Enoch LOWRY (and/or his wife Lineford)are related to Thomas LOWRY(dob 1760 St Mary's MD)(Have documentation re:Land transactions)Thomas LOWRY was a Rev War patriot. He died and is buried at Log Lick Church Cemetery in Clark Co KY near the Clark/Estill County boundry line in KY.Was Enoch a son of Thomas--or a nephew?
You mention two LOWRY,LOWERY families in that area of KY in the early 1800s. Where do you fit Enoch in?
Please help.Any guess as to maiden name of Lineford LOWRY?-------Judy ADAMS(Enoch LOWRY's grgrgrgrgranddau)

Inlagd: 14 apr 2007 21.52 GMT
Thanks for the prompt reply, Angie. Would you be willing to share James Lowery's will? A cousin from Missouri and I are creating a book and would love to include this document in it.

Inlagd: 15 apr 2007 01.33 GMT
Efternamn: Lowry, Lowery
Judy,
I wish I could help you with your Lowery/Lowry line, but I have not found the connection between William Lowery in Madison Co. and the Lowerys in Clark and Estill Counties. I have seen the names Enoch and Ludlow many times in the census, but have not found a connection to William Lowery in Madison Co.

I haven't run across a marriage for Enoch Lowery either.

I wish you luck. If you do find a connection between the families, I would be interested to know.

Take Care!

Angie

Inlagd: 15 apr 2007 01.37 GMT
I would be happy to share a copy of my copy of the will. My copy is on large paper, so I will probably have to scan it in sections. You can e-mail me at aprestoATwindstreamDOTnet.

Angie

Inlagd: 15 apr 2007 02.09 GMT
Hi Angie--Thank you, thank you, thank you. Leslie and I are so excited. Can't get an e-mail through to you with the address you sent. Keep getting a message that you are not a member---what's up with that!!!! Probably something I'm doing--I'm not very computer literate. Try e-mailing me at JLe101444@aol.com and then I can reply. Thanx
Jan

Inlagd: 8 jan 2011 23.25 GMT
Efternamn: Lowry/Barker
Could this be the same Lucrecia/Lucretcia Lowry who married Elias Barker, May 9, 1804 in Madison Co., KY?

Inlagd: 6 okt 2013 02.06 GMT
There was a court case in Madison County Ky James Lowery VS John Armstrong (my 4th gr grandfather) mentioned in Book A it was dropped. What I think is amazing is that both men had daughters named Hixy and Gilley!! Do you know of an Armstrong connection. I dont know Johns wifes maiden name but she was listed as Patsy on documents.
Frances
per sida

Hitta en anslagstavla för ett visst ämne

© 2007-2014 Ancestry.comSekretessfilosofiCookiesAllmänna VillkorSköts av Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.