Sök efter innehåll på anslagstavlor

Surname Search, Malmo Sweden

Surname Search, Malmo Sweden

Inlagd: 22 nov 1998 12.00 GMT
Klassificering: Fråga
Redigerad: 19 feb 2002 20.52 GMT
Efternamn: Prahl, Skoog, Pierson, Grundberg
Am searching for relatives and ancestors in Sweden of Nils Prahl (Skoog) and Christina Ingrid (Pierson) Prahl. They were both born in Malmo 18/2/1872 and 19/12/1879 respectively and married in Malmo 1/3/1900. Nils' name was changed from Skoog to Prahl for the military. They had four children: Lynnea, Harold, Oscar and Hazel (Born Grasston,Mn 1915). They migrated to New York in 1908 and to Minnesota in 1909.
Christina had a brother Gustave (Gustaf?) Pierson born 27/6/1882, probably in Malmo. Her mother's first name was Karna but we have no further information about her parents and would like more. Hazel married Elias Grundberg. His father was Peter L. Grundberg who was born 2/10/1870 in Halsingland, Sweden.
Nils had one brother Otto Skoog who migrated possibly in the same year to Milbrae, California. We have no further information on Otto or their parents but would like to know more about their relatives in Sweden.

SKOOG relatives

Noreen Irbe (Granska inlägg)
Inlagd: 6 dec 1998 12.00 GMT
Efternamn: SKOOG

If I remember correctly the name SKOOG from Sweden was one of the families aboard the "Titanic" went it went down in 1912. Visit the "Titanic" Encylopedia page where it gives a list of passengers.

Granddaughter or Thomas Oscar Skoog

Carol Dilsaver Alexander (Granska inlägg)
Inlagd: 23 jul 1999 12.00 GMT
I am a granddaughter of Thomas Oscar Skoog who's parents came from Stockholm, Sweden. I do not know his fathers name, nor his mothers maiden name. I would love to know. Grandpa lived most his life in Michigan, in Saginaw County, and in Calhoun, county. He had 4 children, Thomas G. Skoog, now a minister living in Michigan, Dorthy, who died before I was born somewhere in the are of early 20's, Vivian M. Skoog (my mother, who married Dale Martin Dilsaver and lived in Calhoun County, Michigan, and Robert Oscar Skoog, who lived in Calhoun County most of his life also. Robert Skoog passed away about 12 years ago.

Re: Granddaughter or Thomas Oscar Skoog

Inlagd: 21 jul 2006 16.49 GMT
Efternamn: skoog
Hi! your cousin Kelly here(bob's) I have found info on Thomas skoog. I believe his name was Thomas G. Skoog because my grandpa was a jr. It also shows that he your grandpa was born in Sweden. Hope to see you at the reuion! kelly

Inlagd: 27 jul 2006 15.13 GMT
Efternamn: Skoog, Prahl
My wife had a granduncle Oscar Skoog born near Malmo but there are no Thomas Skoogs in her line. I suspect that this may be a different Skoog line. There are many of them.

Inlagd: 22 mar 2010 06.33 GMT
Efternamn: Skoog
I have an Oscar Skoog in my Family Tree but no Thomas. Oscar was Born in 1866 and died in 1916. He Also Married a Elizabeth Setterlaf. E-mail me if this is the same one.
Inlagd: 22 mar 2010 18.39 GMT
Hi rmcconne1,

Emihamn database:

First name: NILS
Last name: PRAHL
Parish: MALMÖ County: M = Malmöhus
Title/Note: CEMENT-ARB = cement worker
Port: MALMÖ
Date: 1908 03 24
Destination: BOSTON
Fellows: NEJ
Source: 1908:334:163
First name: INGRID K
Parish: MALMÖ County: M
Title/Note: H = wife
Date: 1908 04 23
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: JA (which means she traveled with others on the same ticket. The older woman might be her mother but that lady is just listed as a widow. Still, she has the same ticket number so I suspect she is connected somehow.)
Source: 1908:545:8447

First name: HARALD W
Fellows: JA

First name: GRETA J L

First name: NILS O

First name: KARNA
Last name: ANDERSSON
Parish: BÖSARP County: M
Title/Note: ÄNKA = widow

1900 Swedish Census CD:

Record 922173

Prahl, Nils
Arbetare

b. 1872 in Fränninge (Malmöhus län, Skåne)

Man, single

Qv. Judith
Malmö Sankt Pauli (Malmöhus län, Skåne)

Place of birth (original source): Fränninge Malmöhus län

1880 Swedish Census:

http://www.svar.ra.se (subscription site)

I found a Nils with a father named Skog (Swedish spelling of Skoog) in the 1880 Swedish Census. Nils probably would have used the patronymic last name of Olsson or Olasson and not his father's military last name of Skog.

Homeparish: Frenninge
Residence: Wallarum
County: Malmöhus
Page: 53
Row: 4

Fam. nr 1

Christian Andersson, b. 1813 in Fränninge Malmöhus län, Undantagsman

Fam. nr 2

Ola Skog, b. 1840 in Stiby Kristianstads län, Dragon = dragoon

wife Johanna Christiansdotter, b. 1848 in Fränninge Malmöhus län

s. Nils, b. 1872 in Fränninge Malmöhus län

s. Olof, b. 1873 in Fränninge Malmöhus län

s. Otto, b. 1876 in Fränninge Malmöhus län

d. Hanna, b. 1880 in Fränninge Malmöhus län

1890 Swedish Census CD:

This could be your Nils using his patronymic last name. He works for the first man. (You will have to check birth dates and moving records in parish records to be sure.)

Broms, Napoleon 1823 F
(Barn), Nils Frithiof 1869 Ch
----------
Henriksd., Johanna 1866
Olsson, Nils 1872

Post 2098179

Broms, Napoleon
Gästgifvare

b. 1823 i Östra Kärrstorp (Malmöhus län, Skåne)

Widower (father)

Wollsjö Säteri
Vollsjö (Malmöhus län, Skåne)

Place of birth (original source): Ö. Kärrstorp

Post 2098180

Nils Frithiof
Urmakare

b. 1869 i Fränninge (Malmöhus län, Skåne)

s.
Man, single (child)

Wollsjö Säteri

Place of birth (original source): Frenninge
----------------------------------
Post 2098181

Henriksd., Johanna
Piga = maid/female farm worker

b. 1866 i Södra Rörum (Malmöhus län, Skåne)

Woman, single

Wollsjö Säteri

Place of birth (original source): Rörum

Post 2098182

Olsson, Nils
Dräng = farmhand

b. 1872 i Fränninge (Malmöhus län, Skåne)

Man, single

Wollsjö Säteri

Place of birth (original source): Frenninge

He probably changed his last name to Prahl because he ended up living in a city. Surnames were more common there.

The other names are far too common to easily figure out where Ingrid Kristina and Karna Andersdotter were in 1880, 1890, or 1900, etc.

Maybe they can be found on the site DDSS which has some transcribed records for the south of Sweden.

http://www.ddss.nu/%28S%28czl14a45l2hd1s45oyng3o45%29%29/swe...

Judy

Re: Skoog, Malmo Sweden

Inlagd: 4 mar 2013 19.12 GMT
Hello! I know I am years late ...but my granfather Otto Skoog immigrated to Canada from the Malmo area in the 1930s...members of his family had been back and forth to the US before that,his cousin along with his cousins wife and chldren went down with the titanic...we have all those records of names etc in storage unfortunately as I have now moved to Europe(the family has a long history of living between Europe and North America!) One of my grandfathers brothers names were Seigrid , and his sister was Elsa...the other brothers names I could find out for you.There is more but you may not be on the search anymore so will keep it shoret.hope this helps! Debora Jensen vanlon08@gmail.com

Re: Skoog, Malmo Sweden

Inlagd: 4 mar 2013 23.15 GMT
Possibly Seigrid - there are records of 3 persons named Seigrid during the history of Sweden (!) - or possibly the much more common male name Sigfrid. Sigrid for females.
per sida

Hitta en anslagstavla för ett visst ämne

© 2007-2014 Ancestry.comSekretessfilosofiCookiesAllmänna VillkorSköts av Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.